How you can help Munir?
JOIN THE CAMPAIGN TO FREE MUNIR FAROOQI
SIGN THE PETITION BELOW.
YOU CAN ALSO DONATE NOW AT GIVEBRITE
- Munir Farooqi ran Islamic Information stalls in Manchester to build bridges between communities
- Two undercover police officers faked their conversions to Islam in order to spy on the Muslim community
- They spent a year abusing Munir’s hospitality and then framed him as a terrorist recruiter
Tony Porter (Head of the North West counter terrorism unit) admitted there was NO SOLID PROOF of this allegation and confessed to the BBC:
“…we did not recover any blueprint, attack plan or end game for these men…”
- Despite this, Munir Farooqi was wrongly convicted and unjustly given FOUR life sentences
- The authorities then tried to punish the family by attempting to confiscate their family home
- Munir has faced continued punishment via abuse of healthcare from the prison authorities
- Six years on, the family and Munir’s supporters are still fighting to prove his innocence and have him released